BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 14, 2013

“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping”

During spring break this year, I went to visit my wonderful friends in Oregon and Washington. I spent a lot of time with my neices and nephew up there. I had so much fun. I enjoyed sitting around catching up and playing games with my friends. And I love that my friends feel like they can talk to me about anything. True friends are amazing. But that is a post for another day. I could write all day about how amazing my friends are. While, I was up there I was inspired (a word I find myself using a lot today). One of my friends, I have always considered to be prettier and skinnier than me (skinnier is a fact, prettier an opinion). She is skinny. She has had two kids and looks AMAZING! Anyways, she was talking to me about wanting to lose weight. Don't judge everyone has goals and struggles, even skinny people. But when someone who is skinnier than you and healthier than you is talking about wanting to do better, it just hit me. For the first time, I wanted to lose weight for real. I have tried before, but my heart wasn't in it. I was doing because I am fat and I am supposed to want to lose weight, not because I actually wanted to lose weight. So, I thought about how to go about doing it and before I was on my plane ride home I had decided I would join Weight Watchers. I liked this plan because its not a crazy radical diet than when I decided to stop, I would go back to my normal eating habits. I didn't want to cut out carbs only to eat a loaf of bread when I couldn't stand it any longer. With Weight Watchers, I could eat what I want but in moderation.

So, on April 11st I took the finanicial plunge and joined Weight Watchers. To this day, I have lost about 13 pounds. It has been relatively easy, although, I know I could do better. I could probably lose more weight if I tried a little harder but I am happy with my progress. I am happy that there is any progress at all. I have also noticed that I have changed my eating habits. I don't snack as much, I get full sooner, and I don't eat as much candy, although I do sneak some! I eat more fruits and vegetables, after all they are free foods!

It has been two months now. I hope that I can keep it up. I am not really sure what I want my goal to be. I spoke to my doctor about it, she said "a healthier lifestyle" but she said that for my height I should be 150 pounds. I don't know that I will ever get done that low. For now, I'd be happy to be a size that you can buy in a regular store without having to go to the "plus" or "woman's" section. Simple. Maybe.

I am going to try to write here about my journey. So after 2 months, I am officially down 12.8 pounds and several inches and I feel good!

3 comments:

Sheba said...

Its a struggle for sure. Proud of you for sticking with it. If you ever need anyone to talk to that is in the same boat, I am here. Its nice to have people to bouce meal ideas , strategies off of :) Im allowing Justin to be my "personal trainer" everyday at the gym. It hurts, but it is a good hurt.Feeling a little better everyday and thats what matters. Keep it up Malaria! <3

malia said...

Thank you sheba!

malia said...

Thank you sheba!