BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 7, 2012

Forks over Knives

So I recently watched a documentary called "Forks over Knives." It was about the benefits of eating a whole food, plant based diet. The doctors in the documentary did studies were they reversed diabetes, heart disease, and cancer just by placing patients on whole food, plant based diets. So, I decided that I did not want to be a vegetarian but what I could was cut down on the amount of animal products I consume. My plan is to eat one meat meal a day and do a completely meatless day every week. So I wanted to write about it.

Day 1: I had planned out my eating for the day so it went really well. I was determined. I ate eat cereal with almond milk for breakfast with some craisins. For lunch I had some salad with olives and a little bit of cheese and some rolls. For dinner I had a bean and cheese burrito with some chips. I was not feeling well but it went well. Oh I went to a dessert social at church, so I had some desserts and a meatball there.

Day 2: This day was a little harder, I did not plan so well. I had a waffle for breakfast and for lunch I did not feel like eating salad but I ended up going to see my sister so I walked to Taco Bell and I had a Cantina Bowl. It had in it lettuce, rice, black beans, and corn salsa. I opted for no pico de gallo because I do not care for onions. It was really good and filling. It came with chips and guacamole. I also tasted some of Vernon's cheese roll up. I am going to Disneyland for dinner so I will eat something with meat there.

I have learned that I need to plan ahead and have more foods on hand that will fit into this new pattern.

Wish me luck!

0 comments: